Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some dates CAN be fun

I still have friends that think they have to set me up on dates. This can at times be disastrous, resulting in them being fired as matchmakers. But, occasionally, these dates can be fun. My roommate recently started dating someone, and so of course decided that it would be fun to go on a double date. She and her boyfriend orchestrated a scavenger hunt date and set me up with a guy from the ward (who is a mutual friend with all of us, and whom I'm sure I met first). However, I didn't know him all that well.

Now, I thought, "a scavenger hunt for a date? That sounds kind of stupid, and I'm sure I won't be good at it." But, I went along with it. Loni and Kade had put together a list of like thirty different things that would each count as a point if you did them. (I thought that it was a little unfair that they put together the list before hand. Surely, they planned a route out. haha) Then we paired off and headed downtown to find items on the list. We had an hour to get back to the house. The team with the most items done would win. Pictures had to be taken as proof of completion. This was the result of our hunt.


So, it was a fun night, actually. I think we lost by one lousy point, lol. However, I think this picture (below) deserved extra points for my team. It freaked me out going into a jewlery store, let alone trying on a ring that was like worth $5,000 dollars. Joseph worked there, so it was actually one of our fastest stops.


Then we picked up ice cream and fruit for smoothies. Yum. :)

4/2 UPDATE: The best part of this date was the last picture. So, to all of you that recieved that text on April Fool's Day (and actually believed me), thanks for the fabulous laughs. :-D

1 comments:

Mythreesons said...

Ha ha! I love that you sent out that picture to everyone. It's very believable:)