I actually finished a sewing project! haha. You better pay attention to this one, because it's not likely to happen again anytime soon. ;) Really, though, I don't sew very often. I just don't have the patience. I cut out and put together this quilt in one or two days, but then it took me another six months to put the backing on. I guess I got bored.
I was at home visiting, and I found my box of old shirts and fabric -- shirts that don't fit, or I don't wear, and scraps of fabric from sewing projects in the past. I didn't really want to throw them away, so I cut them out and made a quilt out of them. Like a hang-around-the-house-when-it's-cold-and-I want-to lounge-about kind of quilt. But, I like how it turned out. :) I can tell you where pretty much every piece of fabric came from, so it's kinda neat.
4 comments:
Great way to use all your old reunion shirts :) It looks really great. Want to finish the two quilts I've started and haven't put the back or binding on yet? I'm trying so hard to get motivated but I just can't seem to get it done. Miss you!
I recognize some of those shirts. :) It really did turn out cute! I am totally the same way. I get all these great ideas and I usually start them and get bored about half way through. Being creative is tough stuff. :) I hope all is well. I'm jealous of you and your cat.
That looks really cool Kandi! Nicely done!
Way to go!! I think it looks pretty darn impressive and that is such a good idea too! I should've saved my old t-shirts instead of just trashing them! Looks great!! Look at you and your crafty self!
Post a Comment